Pages

"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."
Matthew 10:29-31

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"One"

 What did you dream of when you were a child?

Did you dream about being a doctor or a nurse? Or how about a meteorologist?  I thought for sure I wanted to be a meteorologist until I found out I really don’t like science. My brain just doesn’t work that way. Even throughout all my childhood dreams, the one dream that stayed true to me was the dream of being paired with my “one”. It seems like the “one” is really a myth when you are in the single days of life, or the days where you are trying to fish for the perfect guy. I somewhat thought it was a myth but always hoped I was wrong. I even would go into all different situations and wonder, “is that guy who just smiled at me the ‘one’?” Oh he must be because he smiled at me. I know you girls did this too and probably still do it.

So how do you find the “one” in the crowd of maybes?

            Let God pick him out of a crowd for you. Let God do the fishing for you. God wants your whole heart not just a half of it. “For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.” Deuteronomy 4:24
He wants our whole heart before he gives us the “one”. A whole heart that is willing to completely surrender to Him and His will so that He can choose who is best for us, His princesses.  Imagine having God’s consuming fire FOR your relationship with your “one”! Who could stop the pair of you with that kind of consuming fire? He wants to find the perfect “one” for us because we are worthy of the perfect “one”. We are worthy because we are His princesses. He wants what is best for us.

I always looked up to my parents and their marriage. I never realized how beautiful their love for each other was until I found my “one”.  I came to realize my parents are equally yoked 100% for God first, then 100% for each other. They still act like they met yesterday; it is beautiful. My mom once said to my dad that, “Next to God you complete my soul”. She is saying that her “one” is the only thing besides God that completes her. “Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh” Matthew 19:5. This is why she feels equal or one with him because they are “ONE” for God. Only God can find the “one” for you. Since God is love only He can find true love for us. “Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.” 1 John 4:7. 

When I was dreaming as a little girl of my “one” I would have never imagined what His will would actually be for me but now I see a glimpse of it.

I Never would have imagined that My “one” would complete my soul.

I Never would have imagined that my “one” would fully understand me because he understands my need for God.

I Never would have imagined praying and crying out to God with my “one” on our knees.

I Never would have imagined my “one” wanting to be a Pastor with me.

I Never would have imagined my “one” would give me a rose every time I see him. 

I Never thought that the “one” would come along on God’s timing and not my timing.

I Never would have imagined my  “one” be the man that God picked out of a crowd for me.



God knew my needs for my “one” more than I did.



In Him.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely Sarah, Words shared from the heart reach hearts and your words reached mine.

    ReplyDelete